Establishing your own named charitable fund is easy, and the North Georgia Community Foundation provides a simple, powerful and highly personal approach to giving. We are happy to work with you to accomplish your charitable goals.
- Determine your charitable purpose
- Select the type of fund - Staff will discuss the options and help you select a fund that meets your charitable purpose.
- Select a name for your fund - Funds may be named for you, your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose. You may also choose a fund name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Complete a fund agreement - This simple governing document clearly outlines your intentions. For some funds you will designate advisors such as yourself, your spouse and successor advisors who may be your children or other family members.
- Make your gift to establish the fund -See ways to give for the types of contributions you may make.
- Receive a tax deduction - You receive a tax deduction in the year the fund is established and anytime thereafter you make additional gifts to the fund. Once your fund is established you can enjoy giving through your fund. You can make grants in the name of your fund or anonymously. For donor advised funds you can recommend grants to nonprofit organizations locally or throughout the United States.