NGCF Community Grants
The North Georgia Community Foundation (NGCF) Community Grants
seek to fund organizations and programs
designed to improve the quality of life in North Georgia.
The NGCF 2023 Community Grant Cycle will be open from July 15th – August 15th.
Nonprofits can access our NGCF Grants Portal by CLICKING HERE
* A portal account can be made at anytime. The application can not be accessed until July 15th *
The following information pertains to the 2023 Community Grant Application
Grant applications from $500 up to $25,000 will be considered. Any request for more than maximum amount will be disqualified. Award amounts are at the discretion of the committee, and you are not guaranteed an award amount equal to your requested amount.
This year qualified applicants will be able to apply for an operational or programmatic grant (see descriptions below). You are only eligible to apply for one type of grant. Each organization can only submit one grant application.
The 2023 Community Grant Cycle is open July 15th and closes at 5:00 p.m. on August 15th. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Eligible organizations must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit in good standing located in North Georgia
- Organizations are also required to be registered with the State of Georgia and provide a current Charitable Solicitation Organization Permit, unless your organization is exempt under C.G.A. § 43-17-9
- Community Grant recipients are still eligible for other NGCF Grants programs in the same year, i.e. Opportunity Grant or separate Fundholder grant cycles hosted by NGCF.
- Community Grant recipients from 2021 CAN APPLY for a 2022 Community Grant
Types of Community Grants:
Program Grants are defined as grants funding a specific project or program within an organization. To be considered, applicants will be required to successfully complete the application, including submitting a detailed program budget. If awarded, they will be required to provide NGCF with a final report on the use of the funds.
Operational Grants are defined as unrestricted grant funding available to the organization to use as needed. In order to be considered, applicants will be required to successfully complete the application, including submitting an operating budget. If awarded, they will be required to provide NGCF with a final report on the use of the funds.
While Operational Grants are defined as unrestricted, we see them as an opportunity to fill in the gap between revenue and expenses. Therefore, operational grant funding may not be used in any of the following ways:
- Funding may not be used to support political campaigns or lobbying activities
- While funding may be used to pay reasonable salary expenses, funding may not be used for the individual benefit of an employee (i.e. paying bonuses, supporting pay increases, etc.)
- Grants to capital campaigns are not permitted.
Interested in what Community Grants have been awarded in the past?
CLICK HERE to View Previous Community Grant Recipients
Have a Question?
CLICK HERE for information on previous grants that NGCF has awarded.
For more information about grants or the application process, contact Margaux Dolenc at email@example.com or 770-535-7880.