Woodrow Stewart Leadership in Philanthropy
Woodrow Stewart was a driving force in our community with a deep devotion to humanitarian efforts. He believed in strategic and business-minded approaches to addressing community issues and consistently provided leadership in support of philanthropic causes important to the community.
This award was established in 2012 to honor the legacy of Woodrow Stewart. Nominees should be those who carry on Woody’s unwavering dedication to providing leadership in support of philanthropic causes and who motivate others to take leadership roles with nonprofit organizations and community projects.
Eligibility and Nomination Criteria:
- Dedicated, ongoing commitment to sharing expertise, skills and knowledge with nonprofit organizations in the NGCF region
- Demonstrated passion for helping others
- Leadership through example
- Significant financial contributions to the organization/community
- Proven track record of motivating others to participate
All nominations should include a nomination form, narrative summary outlining the individual’s achievements, and three or more letters of support. Detailed information is provided on the nomination form, which is typically available each summer.
2018 The Lake Rabun Association
2017 Dr. Buddy Langston
2016 Jim Moore
2015 Paul Maney
2014 Don & Pat Pirkle
2013 Kevin Price
2012 Woodrow Stewart, posthumously