Year-End Charitable Giving Tips
The North Georgia Community Foundation (NGCF) offers several ways to incorporate charitable giving into your year-end planning. We help you maximize your charitable impact as well as your tax benefits. The services offered by NGCF provide advantages to donors in many ways:
- Start or add to your Fundo NGCF offers different types of charitable funds to meet your needs.
- We make giving easy: Give Now, Decide Later
- Make contributions now but decide your recipients at your own discretion.
- Grants from funds at NGCF can support nonprofits, churches, schools, government entities, or approved philanthropic projects.
- Grow Your Giving
- Your contributions are invested and grow tax-free.
- Make a cash gift
- Claim a tax deduction immediately.
- Consider “bundling” a few years’ worth of giving and claiming a charitable deduction this year while “pre-funding” your giving for future years.
- Contribute appreciated stock or mutual funds
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale.
- Still receive a charitable income tax deduction on the full value of the asset.
- Sell real estate or a business
- Involving NGCF in your business sale may help you avoid capital gains tax.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Individuals over 70 ½ with a traditional IRA can give a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) to specific fund types at NGCF.
- You can allocate up to $100,000 directly from your IRA and avoid paying any income tax.
- Make estate or planned giving arrangements to ensure your philanthropic legacy lives on forever
- Teach younger generations around you about the impact and legacy of giving
- Make a gift to the NGCF Endowment
- A gift to the NGCF endowment allows your contribution to be stewarded by NGCF and distributed throughout North Georgia to meet critical needs.
- Receive peace of mind
- Before grants are given from any fund, NGCF handles vetting the recipient. You have the benefit of knowing your funds are stewarded properly.
- Get happy
- Psychologist have proven that giving to others has a direct impact on your happiness